Fundraiser for Triton Food Pantry Information
We are excited to announce a week-long fundraiser with five restaurants, from April 12 to April 16, to support the UCSD Triton Food Pantry! Please join us for this great cause, and everyone is welcome to participate!
WHEN: Monday, April 12 - Friday, April 16
- Please feel free to distribute this fundraiser information to your colleagues, family, and friends!
- Order in-store or online!
- In-store: Please only go to the specific locations listed on the flyers. You can bring the flyer or show a digital version of the vendor’s flyer (attached) to the cashier when ordering to ensure that Triton Food Pantry gets a portion of the proceeds.
- Online: Please use the online Promo Code listed on the flyer at checkout.
- The vendors will donate a percentage of your purchase to the Triton Food Pantry.
HERE ARE THE PARTICIPATING VENDORS ALONG WITH THE FLYERS:
- Monday, April 12 (4:00PM-8:00PM) - Panera Bread
- Tuesday, April 13 (4:00PM-8:00PM) - Chipotle
- Wednesday, April 14 (10:30AM-7:00PM) - Tapioca Express
- Thursday, April 15 (11:00AM-7:30PM) - Panda Express
- Friday, April 16 (11:00AM-9:00PM) - Papa John's
(Please see the flyer to learn more on how to participate in the fundraising event)
ABOUT TRITON FOOD PANTRY:
The Triton Food Pantry aims to build a network of food resources and awareness about food insecurity so that every UCSD student has nutritious fuel to achieve academic success. For more information, please visit The Triton Food Pantry & The Hub- Basic Needs Center.
If you have questions about this fundraising initiative, please contact the CSE MS Advising Team at email@example.com.
Visit the CSE Graduate Program Newsletters:
Follow us on Instagram @ucsd_cse_ms for the latest updates!
MS Student Affairs Mission
Foster a collaborative advising experience that encourages students to strive for excellence with integrity, learn to advocate for themselves and others in the global community, and promote diversity of thought while supporting a spirit of inclusivity.
Students will cultivate innovative and transformative approaches to building community in an interconnected world.
Students will exhibit personal and professional integrity and accountability.
Advisors will respect students of all backgrounds and value their unique experiences.
Advisors will assist students in clarifying their academic and professional direction to achieve their educational and career goals
Winter 2021 Advising and Information:
*Due to Covid-19, all MS- Advisors are currently working remotely. Please send your email to the appropriate email addresses*
Current CSE MS students email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective CSE MS students email: email@example.com
Prospective CSE BS/MS students email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCSD Academic and Administrative Calendar
- TritonLink Update of Schedule of Classes
- Teaching Assistantships
CSE MS Advisors On-site Location
2nd Floor, EBU3B (Computer Science & Engineering Building)
Walk-in Advising Check-in: Room #2211
MS Commons: 2nd Floor (end of north-west wing)
Resources for ALL Students on Campus
Please click here to access the links from our Resource Brochure.
Resource Centers on Campus:
Campus Community Centers at UC San Diego build affinity among a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff members. Open to undergraduate and graduate students, staff, faculty, alumni, and the San Diego community, the centers contribute significantly toward the evolution of a socially just campus. They ar-e places of belonging, where traditional notions of diversity are challenged where self-awareness is learned, leaders are developed, and open dialogue and expression are encouraged. Check out the following resource centers open to students:
- Asian Pacific Islander Middle Eastern Desi American (APIMEDA) Programs and Services
- Black Resource Center (BRC)
- Cross-Cultural Center
- Intertribal Resource Center (ITRC)
- LGBT Resource Center
- Raza Resource Centro
- Women's Center
Campus Resources for Students:
- Basic Needs Hub: UC San Diego Basic Needs Initiatives is a collection of services provided by campus partners to work with students who have concerns with access to Basic Needs Resources. Services are categorized by Food Security, Housing Stability, and Financial Wellness. Also, the Triton Food Pantry is in partnership with the San Diego Food Bank and Garden of Eden. At the food pantry, a variety of dried goods, canned goods, and fresh produce are available to students. For more information, please visit the Basic Needs website.
- Counseling and Psychological Services: CAPS is an integrative and student-centered service to support students towards their academic success and personal development, and well-being while at UC San Diego. You can use CAPS for personal, academic, and relationship problems. Please visit the CAPS website for more information.
- Student Health Services: Student Health Services (SHS) can be utilized for a variety of medical needs. Student Health Services provides quality primary medical care, including urgent care and support services. Please visit the SHS website for more information.