COVID-19 Update: We want to let you know that our CSE advisors are still here for you when you need us. However, to keep you and our staff safe during this global pandemic, we are moving to remote advising until further notice. Current students may contact us via the Virtual Advising Center (vac.ucsd.edu) or email@example.com. We are not offering in-person advising, but we are still offering advising appointments which can be conducted via Zoom video conference or phone.
To schedule an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-In Advising available for Fall quarter (starting 10/23): Students will be able to sign in to drop-in advising via the Meet with Advisor tool via the Virtual Advising Center (vac.ucsd.edu) without an appointment on Mondays from 1:30-3:30 PM PST, and Fridays from 8:30-11:30 AM PST.
We will not have staff in the office to monitor our phone lines starting Wednesday, March 18th, so please be sure to reach out to us via email only for an appointment.
CSE Undergraduate Advising Contact Info:
Location: Computer Science and Engineering Building (EBU 3B), 1st floor, west wing, Room 1200
Phone: 858-534-8872 Fax: 858-822-3319
Masters Program Advising: 2nd floor, west wing, rooms 2218-2222
Advising hours are subject to change based on staff availability, training, etc.
Official Campus Closure Dates:
The campus is closed on all the major holidays: New Years Eve and New Years, Martin Luther King Jr., President's Day, Cesar Chavez Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas.
Drop-In Advising: 10-15 minute quick questions (Not offered currently, see COVID-19 update above)
- Degree audit updates, current/next quarter planning, signatures, and enrollment
Note: The last sign-in during Drop-In Advising will be 15 minutes before the end of each session (morning: 11:15 a.m. and afternoon: 3:15 p.m.).
How to schedule a 30 minute appointment:
- Graduate students should email their Graduate Advisor
- Undergraduates email email@example.com or call 858-534-8872
Note: The first two weeks of each quarter, undergraduates are seen on drop-in advising--NO appointments are made.
Virtual Advising Center:
- UC San Diego Undergraduates use the Virtual Advising Center (VAC). An advisor will respond with 2-3 business days (sometimes longer during Registration Periods). Advisors will not advise via email.
- During peak periods (enrollment), VAC inquiries are prioritized.
- Degree Audit change requests take 3-5 business days to process.