Advising Appointments and most Drop-In hours are reserved for CSE Majors.
Non-CSE Majors and CS Minors are welcome to visit us on Friday mornings (weeks 3-10) and contact us through the Virtual Advising Center (https://students.ucsd.edu/my-tritonlink/tools/).
CSE Undergraduate Advising Contact Info:
Location: Computer Science and Engineering Building (EBU 3B), 1st floor, west wing, Room 1200
Phone: 858-534-8872 Fax: 858-822-3319
Masters Program Advising: 2nd floor, west wing, rooms 2218-2222
Advising hours are subject to change based on staff availability, training, etc.
Official Campus Closure Dates:
The campus is closed on all the major holidays: New Years Eve and New Years, Martin Luther King Jr., President's Day, Cesar Chavez Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas.
Drop-In Advising: 10-15 minute quick questions
- Degree audits, current/next quarter planning, signatures, and enrollment
Note: The last sign-in during Drop-In Advising will be 15 minutes before the end of each session (morning: 11:15 a.m. and afternoon: 3:15 p.m.).
How to schedule a 30 minute appointment:
- Graduate students should email their Graduate Adviser
- Undergraduates email email@example.com or call 858-534-8872
Note: The first two weeks of each quarter, undergraduates are seen on drop-in advising--NO appointments are made.
Virtual Advising Center:
- UC San Diego Undergraduates use the Virtual Advising Center (VAC). An advisor will respond with 2-3 business days (sometimes longer during Registration Periods). Advisors will not advise via email.
- During peak periods (enrollment), VAC inquiries are prioritized.
- Degree Audit change requests take 3-5 business days to process.