- How do I apply to be a tutor?
Please visit the Instructional Assistant (IA) System to apply.
- What are the requirements to become a tutor?
Please see Minimum Requirements
- When will the IA Hiring Campaign for next quarter go live?
Please see Application Process & Timeline
- Why haven't I received my assignment? My professor said they want to hire me, but I haven't received anything?
Verbal offers from instructors do not constitute formal offers. Formal offers will be made via the IA System. If you haven't received your assignment, it is either because we have not heard from the faculty member about your assignment, or we recently heard about the assignment and have not had the opportunity to make the update in the IA System. Please follow up with the faculty supervisor, and have them contact us.
- Will I hear back that I did not receive an offer?
Applicants are only notified if they do receive an offer.
- When do I complete my employment paperwork? What do I need to bring?
We will email your employment paperwork once you accept your position on the IA System. Please be prepared to bring documents for the I-9 Verification (see page 3).
- Where is my paycheck?
Please refer to the pay period chart that was emailed for the timing of paychecks. Please sign up for direct deposit on UCPath. Your first check will be a paper paycheck, so please verify that your address is correct on UCPath.
Please also keep in mind that your time could not be processed if it was not completed via Ecotime on or before the due date.
- What if my bank rejects my paycheck because it is too old?
Checks are only good for 6 months. Please follow the steps on Payroll's website to reissue your check if it is more than 6 months old.
- Where can I get a copy of my timesheet(s)?
Ecotime keeps your timesheets on record, but please note that you will not have access to your Ecotime after your appointment ends. We strongly suggest keeping screenshots or PDF of your Ecotime history.
- How do I obtain my Social Security Number (SSN)?
During your onboarding, we will provide you a letter that you will submit with your SSN application on the ISPO website. ISPO will give you instructions about going to the Social Security Office. Once you receive your SSN, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- Where can I get tax information?
We are not authorized to offer tax advice. Please find tax information:
- Payroll: 858-534-3247
- Where can I get my W-2?
Info on requesting your 2021 W-2: https://blink.ucsd.edu/finance/payroll/w2/duplicate.html
- Where can I get information regarding the union?
We are not authorized to answer any union questions. Please contact:
UC San Diego Labor Relations Department
Phone: (858) 534-2810
UAW E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (510) 549-3863 W
- What if I miss the ASE Orientation and make-up?
Please contact UC San Diego Labor Relations Department to see what your options are.
Phone: (858) 534-2810
- When will I be able to enroll in CSE 95?
Please wait until you receive an email from the enrollment coordinator as they will authorize the enrollment. Please keep in mind that we usually wait until most tutor positions are filled before opening the enrollment.
- What contact information should I give for employment verification?
UC San Diego uses The Work Number to provide employment verification. Please see information: https://blink.ucsd.edu/finance/payroll/processes/employment-verification.html and contact the UCPath Center 855-982-7284 if you have any questions.