Please note: CSE only forwards scholarship opportunities that come through email or other avenues through the Student Affairs Office. Please qualify any scholarships in order to make sure they are legitimate opportunities.
There are many internal scholarships available to incoming and continuing students that are administered through the UCSD Financial Aid & Scholarship Office. These scholarships come in a wide variety of forms, including but not limited to:
- Military tuition assistance
- ROTC funds
- Study abroad / exchange programs
- Summer Session
- Tuition benefit plans and prepaid savings plans & trusts
- Vocational rehabilitation funds
Continuing undergraduate students can access the on-line applications via TritonLink. Likewise, entering freshman apply for UCSD scholarships at the same time that they apply for admission to UCSD by filling out the UC Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarships.
Please visit the Scholarship section of the UCSD Financial Aid Office website for more information on how to apply based on your specific student status. The UCSD Financial Aid & Scholarship website also provides information about scholarship qualifications, deadlines, etc. Please call the Financial Aid Office at 858-534-4480 with any questions regarding specific scholarships or procedures.
Please visit the individual websites for specific scholarship requirements and deadlines:
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Program
- Computing Research Association Outstanding Undergrad Award Program
- Association for Women in Science Educational Foundation Awards
- USAJobs Pathways Programs
- Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship
- Veteran Car Donations Annual Scholarship
- iVisa Annual Scholarship
Fellowships for Graduating Seniors
If you are considering applying to a Master's or Ph.D. program in the fall, you also may want to explore competitive graduate fellowship opportunities (awarded mainly for Ph.D. study and research). Applications are generally available early Fall quarter in the Professional and Graduate School Advising Office of the Career Services Center. You can find many self-help graduate program reference materials; including the GRE registration bulletins.
The UCSD Graduate Division website provides information on financial support. In addition, they provide access to funding and academic award opportunities. See the list below for available fellowship options, and visit each individual website for more information regarding application requirements and deadlines.
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship
- National Physical Science Consortium Fellowship
- National Science Foundation Fellowship
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships
- Department of Energy Computational Science Fellowship
- Department of Energy High Performance Computer Science Fellowship
- Human Rights Center Fellowship
*Note: this is not an exhaustive list of fellowships available, but rather opportunities that have been forwarded to the CSE Department*