- What are your old project partners up to these days?
- Is CSE still in the old AP&M dungeon?
- Are the kids these days getting the solid foundation you got?
- Are they still teaching that one useless class?
- How can you give back to help students be successful in their transition to their careers?
How you can get involved in CSE:
BBQs & social events
The CSE Alumni Board holds regular BBQs for fellow alumni to reconnect. We most recently held coordinated BBQs across various geographies (San Diego, Bay Area, Seattle, New York). Follow the UCSD CSE Facebook Page for event invitations.
- Jacobs Undergraduate Mentoring Program
This program pairs up grad student mentors with undergrads, and has regular events, including alumni mixers. Local engineering leaders (execs & senior managers) would give talks or participate on panels, and meet & mingle with students by discipline for professional networking & mentoring.
IDEA home page & Facebook group
Every year the Alumni Board selects a CSE faculty member to give a resesarch talk tailored for alumni who want to keep up on the exciting new research areas UCSD is pursuing. The series starts on campus at UCSD, and then visits the Bay Area and finally Seattle. In 2015, Professor Rick Ord attracted large crowds with his talks.
What I learned video