Maintenance and Housekeeping

There are several methods of dealing with maintenance and housekeeping issues.

Anyone can call the PPS trouble desk (extension 4-2930) for routine building maintenance or repair, such as:

  • Elevator problems
  • Light replacement
  • plumbing issues
  • cleaning
  • door problems

You can also report trouble online by visiting the Physical Plant Service (PPS) web site and filling out an on line maintenance work request.

For special work orders such as painting, carpentry, or other non-routine requests, please contact a departmental Support Assistant, who can assist you.

CSE Custodial Cleaning Schedule

Trash Removal in Private Offices

Trash cans are emptied Tuesday and Thursday. Trash is emptied in common areas nightly.

UCSD encourages recycling. The campus provides individual office recycling containers (blue cans) and can be requested by sending email to a departmental Support Assistant or by contacting the PPS Trouble Desk at 4-2930. An index number may be required. Recycling bins are also located in the CSE fax room, 2229A.