Temporary Lecturer Appointments

There are three steps involved in getting set up as a Lecturer in CSE.

  1. Receive appointment letter from Senior Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
  2. Send signed letter of acceptance back to SVCAA.
  3. Contact the Academic Affairs Coordinator (858-534-1246) to set an appointment to complete new hire (or rehire) paperwork. Please plan on a one-hour appointment to complete the required documents.

Please bring with you to your appointment:

  • For ALL
    • A voided check if you wish to sign up for automatic deposit.
  • For U.S. Citizens
    • Original driver's license
    • Original Social Security card
  • For Permanent Residents
    • Above documents plus
    • Permanent Resident Card
  • For Foreign Nationals
    • Passport
    • Visa
    • IAP-66
    • I-94 (stapled inside passport)

At this appointment the Academic Affairs Coordinator will be provide you with the following information:

  • Your CSE computer account and password.
  • Your office and telephone numbers, and where to check out keys.
  • How and where to obtain a Campus ID card.
  • Introduction to departmental assistants and facilities.