Please note: CSE only forwards scholarship opportunities that come through email or other avenues through the Student Affairs Office. Please qualify any scholarships in order to make sure they are legitimate opportunities.
Internal Scholarships through the UCSD Financial Aid Office
There are many scholarships available to continuing students that are administered through the UCSD Financial Aid Office. These scholarships come in a wide variety of forms:
Continuing undergraduate students can access the on-line application via TritonLink. Likewise, entering freshman apply for UCSD scholarships at the same time they apply for admission to UCSD by filling out the UC Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarships.
Please visit the Scholarship section of the UCSD Financial Aid Office website for more information on how to apply or call them at 858-534-4480.
Internal Scholarships (administered through UCSD)
- Academic Enrichment Programs (AEP)
- Alan Turing Memorial Scholarship
- Darcy and Robert Bingham Scholarship
- BAE Systems Scholarship
- Boeing Engineering Scholarship
- CliniComp Scholarship
- Elizabeth Stupp Kohl Scholarship for Women Engineers
- Sempra Energy Scholarship
- QUALCOMM Incorporated Scholarship
- CK and Jenny Cheng Scholarship
- Bevan Schroeder Memorial Scholarship (contact Financial Aid 858/534-4480)
- McNair Program
Please visit the individual websites for specific requirements and deadlines)
- Cal-(IT)2 Summer Undergraduate Research Scholarship Program
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Program
- Computing Research Association Outstanding Undergrad Award Program
- Association for Women in Science Educational Foundation Awards
- E-Scholar Fellowship Programs
- Arxan Cyber Security Scholarship
- Zenefits Advancing Women in STEM Scholarship
Fellowships for Graduating Seniors
If you are considering applying to a Master's or Ph.D. program in the fall, you also may want to explore competitive graduate fellowship opportunities (awarded mainly for Ph.D. study and research). Applications are generally available early Fall quarter in the Professional and Graduate School Advising Office of the Career Services Center. You can find many self-help graduate program reference materials; the GRE registration bulletins are also available in the office. In addition, advisors are available by appointment at (858) 534-4939 to assist you with the school and fellowship application process and the critique of your school and fellowship application statements of purpose.
The UCSD Graduate Division website provides information on financial support. In addition, they provide access to funding and academic award opportunities.
- Microsoft Graduate Fellowship Program (due October)
- IBM Student Portal (due November)
- Intel Graduate Fellowship (due November)
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship (due November)
- National Physical Science Consortium Fellowship (due November)
- National Science Foundation Fellowship (due November)
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships (due December)
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship (due January)
- AT&T Labs Fellowship (due January)
- Department of Energy Computational Science Fellowship (due January)
- Department of Energy High Performance Computer Science Fellowship (due January)