When an employee leaves (or separates from) CSE employment, there are several steps that must be followed to ensure the separation is processed correctly.
- Make sure that you have submitted timesheets accounting for all absences and overtime up through your last day of work in CSE.
- Return any University-issued credit cards (Express Card, Diner's Club, etc.), long distance authorization card, phone cards, etc.
- Return any equipment on loan from the University (computer, laptop, cell phone, PDA, etc.)
- Return all keys to Robin Knox in EBU3b 2248. There is a $15.00 charge for any key not returned to the department.
- If separating from the University (leaving all UCSD employment), make sure that either the Academic Affairs or Human Resources Coordinator, as appropriate, has advised you of your rights and responsibilities regarding continuation of benefits.
- Leave CSE with a way to contact you - either phone number or email address, if the need arises.
- Leave a forwarding address (on or off-campus) for mail delivered to CSE.
- If transferring to another department at UCSD, ensure that all campus directories are updated with your new information (your new department can assist with this).
- If you are on visa status and are leaving the University, you MUST check in with the International Center on campus prior to your departure.