Concurrent Enrollment for CSE Courses
Concurrent Enrollment through UCSD Extension provides the opportunity for those who are not registered UCSD students to enroll in CSE courses.
Concurrent Enrollment students are allowed to add CSE courses after all registered UCSD students have been accommodated. Although we do our best to accommodate Concurrent students, CSE courses are in high demand, and enrollment is not guaranteed.
Procedures for Fall Quarter 2017:
- Starting Thursday (September 28 @ 3:30 pm): Students are to decide which CSE graduate and undergraduate courses they wish to request. Students will have the opportunity to complete the online Fall 2017 CSE Concurrent Request Form to indicate the CSE courses they wish to take. Students should fill out one form per course; limit five course requests per student.
- Use the Schedule of Classes to identify courses with open seats or the shortest wait list
- Review the CSE Fall 2017 Course Updates for information about wait lists
- Make sure you have the prerequisite knowledge needed (see Prerequisite link in Schedule of Classes)
- Attend the courses you have requested
- Students have the instructor sign Extension's Concurrent Enrollment Form. The instructor's signature is NOT a guarantee for a seat in the course, but simply a confirmation that the instructor would allow the student to add the course should seats become available. Students keep the form (for now).
- Starting Wednesday (October 4): CSE Student Affairs will review UCSD student enrollments. If seats are available in classes, Concurrent students will be approved to add.
- Concurrent students who are approved to add will be sent an email informing them to come to the Student Affairs Office during office hours to have their signed Concurrent Enrollment Form stamped.
- Students turn in the stamped Concurrent Enrollment Form to Extension to officially add.
- Students MUST have their Concurrent enrollment form stamped by CSE Student Affairs and turned into the Extension office within two days (48 hours) of having received the email about the open seat.
- Approvals to add will be based on: space availability, wait list order (e.g., when students filled in the form), and a review of student requests to try to get each student into at least one course.
- A maximum of 4 courses per student will be approved. (If students are offered a spot in a fifth class, they will have to drop one of the other courses they were approved to add.)
- No adds are approved for CSE courses after Friday (October 13). ***Some lower division CSE classes close earlier*** Please see the CSE Fall 2017 Course Updates for the latest status.
- Be sure to also review Extension's policies and procedures. If there are later deadlines on that site, the CSE deadlines apply.
Questions about CSE policies and time lines should be directed to email@example.com.
Questions about Extension and UPS Concurrent Enrollment policies should be directed to those offices.