Concurrent Enrollment for CSE Courses
Concurrent Enrollment through UCSD Extension provides the opportunity for those who are not registered UCSD students to enroll in CSE courses.
Concurrent Enrollment students are allowed to add CSE courses after all registered UCSD students have been accommodated. Although we do our best to accommodate Concurrent students, CSE courses are in high demand, and enrollment is not guaranteed.
- Starting the first three days of classes (April 3-5): Students are to decide which CSE graduate and undergraduate courses they wish to request. Students, you should:
- Students have the instructor sign their Extension's Concurrent Enrollment Form. The instructor's signature is NOT a guarantee for a seat in the course, but simply a confirmation that the instructor would allow the student to add the course should seats become available. Students keep the form (for now).
- Starting Thursday (March 30 @ 3 pm): Students will have the opportunity to fill in the on-line Spring 2017 CSE Concurrent Request Form to rank order the CSE courses they wish to take.
- Starting Wednesday (April 5): CSE Student Affairs will review UCSD student enrollments. If seats are available in classes, Concurrent students will be approved to add.
- Concurrent students who are approved to add will be sent email informing them to come to the Student Affairs Office during office hours, and to bring their signed Concurrent Enrollment Form. CSE stamps the form.
- Students turn in the stamped Concurrent Enrollment Form to Extension to officially add. Students MUST come to the CSE Student Affairs office and bring into the Extension office within two days (48 hours) of having receiving email about the open seat.
- Approvals to add will be based on: space availability, wait list order (e.g., when students filled in the form), and a review of student requests to try to get each student into at least one course.
- A maximum of 4 courses per student will be approved. (If students are offered a spot in a fifth class, they will have to drop one of the other courses they were approved to add.)
- No adds are approved for CSE courses after Friday (April 14). ***Some lower division CSE classes close earlier***Please see the CSE Spring 2017 Course Updates for the latest status.
- Be sure to also review Extension's policies and procedures. If there are later deadlines on that site, the CSE deadlines apply.
Questions about CSE policies and time lines should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about Extension and UPS Concurrent Enrollment policies should be directed to those offices.