Student Learning Outcomes (SLO’s):
- Know how to read a degree audit.
- Know how to navigate CSE department website.
- Know how to find information on university procedures.
- Know the roles of a CSE major advisor
- Create a long term quarter-by-quarter plan
- Attend at least 2 experiential learning opportunities each year.
- Develop long term professional goals.
- Connect undergraduate educational experience with long term professional goals.
- Access university/community resources.
- Take responsibility for educational experience.
- Develop effective communication skills.
- Support diversity.
- Value self-efficacy.
- Value the learning process.
- Value a sense of community.
Advisor Learning Outcomes:
- Provide a confidential and safe space.
- Communicate major requirements to students.
- Communicate accurate and up-to-date information.
- Communicate with students on where to find information on policies and procedures.
- Value stated CSE student learning outcomes.
- Review students long term plan and check for gaps.
- Value experiential learning opportunities
- Discuss student’s long term professional goals.
- Guide students in connecting undergraduate experience with long term professional goals.
- Refer students to appropriate community resources.
- Value student self-efficacy.
- Communicate with university community.
- Identify diversity challenges within the department.
- Value student voice.
- Invest in professional development related to student learning.
- Collaborate with peers/colleagues within the university
- TritonLink (UCSD student portal). Access UCSD academic history (unofficial transcript), degree audit, schedule of classes, WebReg, weekly course planner, major/minor change application, & other academic functions.
- UCSD General Catalog
- Enrollment Calendars
- Office of Academic Support and Instructional Services (OASIS)
- Career Services Center
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD)
- Study Abroad UC San Diego