Directed study and research at laboratories away from the campus.
- A Special Studies Form is required for enrollment. Please find a CSE faculty sponsor to approve this form. A section and section ID will be created and added to Tritonlink for enrollment on submission of form (to CSE Student Affairs Office in the CSE building).
Consent of the instructor and approval of the department. Department stamp required. An application for Special Studies must be filed with the Registrar's office after approval from the instructor and the department chair.
Instructions for CSE 197 / 191 Enrollment Process:
(1) On first inquiring about the course / program, the student is required to read and fill out the application on the website
(2) Once the student fills out the Google form, it will be reviewed, and the student is asked to bring their completed Special Studies form and a copy of their offer letter to the CSE Student Affairs Office.
(3) Once these are compared to the student's entries on the form and verified, the Special Studies form will be stamped with my signature by Student Affairs. CSE Student Affairs will keep a copy of the Special Studies form and the offer letter, and then clear the student to enroll in the class in the quarter specified on the Special Studies form.
(4) The student will enroll in the class in the specified quarter.
Not more than 4 units of CSE 197 may be used for satisfying graduation requirements. (CSE 197 may be used to replace Math 20D, or ECE 53 or PHYS 2C, for BA and BS. Computer Science admitted before Fall 2010).