Computing Support for Undergraduate Students

The ITS group provides computing resources and support for undergraduate students. If you are having problems with E-mail, your campus account or class resources (computers, lab workstations and other central resources), please contact the ITS Service Desk at or (858)546-HELP(4357). To see what services ITS offers and to look for information to help yourself, please visit the ITS web site at

If your class has a TA and you have a question related to a class assignment, please check with your TA first. Your TA knows how the assignments are supposed to work. Since they know the material better than a general computing support technician, they may be able to give you the quickest and most accurate answer. Of course, if something appears to be broken or you have a problem that is not directly related to a class assignment, please feel free to contact the appropriate support group for assistance.

ITS lab support (B210-B270)

If you need assistance with the computers in any of the ITS labs or with the ITS servers (ieng*, please see the ITS Computer Labs page on the ITS web site at for assistance.

Specialized lab support

If you are a student in a class which uses a specialized lab (such as the embedded systems lab) and you run into technical difficulties, please check with the lab TA first. The TA has likely seen your problem before and can most quickly assist you. If there is a problem with the lab, the computers or something that the TA cannot assist with, please contact CSEHelp at

Microsoft/VMware software

If you are in a CSE class that requires Microsoft Windows Pro, Microsoft Visual Studio or VMware Workstation/Fusion, CSEHelp can provide that software to you. Normally, your instructor will supply CSEHelp with a list of students in their class that may need the software. However, you may contact CSEHelp directly if necessary. Please send E-mail to from your E-mail address.

Please include the following information:

  • Your name
  • Your PID
  • Which CSE class you need the software for
  • Your instructor's name
  • Which software you need

After your request is validated, you will receive E-mail from a company called e-academy with information on downloading the requested software.

Please note that licenses for VMware software will only be usable for one year.

Other software for classes

All other software needed for your assignments will be provided on lab workstations or must be purchased separately. Consult your instructor or TA regarding any software needed to complete your assignments.

Moodle support

If your class is using the Moodle learning management system and you are having difficulty logging into the system, please send E-mail to CSEHelp at and provide the following information:

  • Your name
  • Your PID
  • The CSE class you are registered in
  • Your instructor's name
  • Your campus user name, if you are a regular UCSD student
  • How you are enrolled in the class, if you are not a regular UCSD student (such as enrolled through the UCSD extension program)

TritonEd support

If your class is using the TritonEd learning management system and you are having difficulties with the system, please see the ITS web site at or contact the ITS Service Desk at