Students with a documented disability may be eligible for accommodations. The Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) is responsible for determining reasonable accommodation based on the individual’s current functional limitations. Only students who have been issued an Authorization for Accommodation (AFA) by the OSD are eligible for accommodation. The Computer Science and Engineering OSD Liaison will work directly with the student to facilitate all exam accommodations for undergraduate courses offered by the Division.
Students seeking accommodation in any undergraduate course offered by the Computer Science and Engineering department must follow the steps below. Students are responsible for registering promptly with the OSD. In order to ensure that accommodations are met, students MUST follow the procedures of both the OSD and the Computer Science and Engineering department.
- Students should consult with an OSD Disability Specialist quarterly, as soon as course registration occurs, to obtain an Authorization for Accommodation (AFA) letter for each course in which accommodations are needed.
- Once an AFA is issued for a course offered by the Computer Science and Engineering department, the student should present the AFA to their respective course instructors. However, it is not required. To receive accommodations, the student must present the AFA to the Computer Science and Engineering OSD Liaison in the Undergraduate Affairs Office (EBU3B, 1st floor, west wing, room 1200).
- In addition to the AFA, the student must also submit a list of all exams in each of the courses they are providing an AFA for. The scheduled date, time and location of each test must be listed so the OSD Liaison can make appropriate accommodations. Furthermore, the student should resolve any time conflicts and submit the resolutions to the OSD Liaison also.
- The AFA should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than Friday of week 2 of the quarter. If an AFA is issued by the OSD after Friday of week 2, the student must present the AFA to the Computer Science and Engineering OSD Liaison within two business days of the date of issuance listed on the AFA.
- An AFA for each Computer Science and Engineering course must be submitted to the Computer Science and Engineering OSD Liaison before any accommodations can be arranged. No accommodations will be retroactively applied.
- The AFA that is submitted to the Computer Science and Engineering OSD Liaison does not require the instructor’s signature, but it is suggested that students discuss their AFA letters with their respective instructors.
CSE OSD Liaison Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org