Quick Reference Guide for CSE PhD Students

Updated September 7, 2017

  • How to Change Your Nonresident Status to Resident
  • For computer accounts and issues contact JSOE at- support@eng.ucsd.edu
  • Offices – PhD students, for changes or issues see Julie 
  • Current Students/Triton Link web site: http://students.ucsd.edu
  • Private "grad-only" info - For some information, like the LABS windows pc login details, log onto csegrad and see the text file: /cse/grad/combo
  • Graduate Student Lounge and Chez Bob are in EBU3b 3154
  • Graduate Student Mailboxes are in EBU3b 2237 (check them EVERYDAY!)
  • TA Textbooks - Check out books in EBU3b 1231. If we don't have the textbook, we will order it for you
  • TA Office Hours (reserve a time slot on sign-up sheets located on each TA office door - first come/first serve)
  • "Hardcopy" paychecks can be picked up from staff in EBU3b 2272 (need to show student ID).  However, all students need to use direct deposit!
  • FAX Machine in EBU3b 2229A - If long distance, you MUST request your graduate advisor's "long distance access code", otherwise you CANNOT use the Department FAX machine for long distance faxes
  • Faculty/Staff Mailboxes - EBU3b 2233
  • TROUBLE DESK - X42930 last number on phone list!
  • REMINDER - The DEADLINE for new grad students to enroll & pay fees is September 22, 2017!