Skip to main content
- All foreign travel must be approved in advance.
- For travel less than 7 days, the department chair's approval is required.
- An Academic Leave of Absence Form is required for faculty traveling for 7 or more days. See Katheryn Ritten for additional details.
- If foreign travel is funded by a federal or private contract or grant, agency approval must be provided.
- Staff and graduate students require department approval for any foreign travel.
Airline Requirements for Foreign Travel
- Federal Travel Regulations require that U.S. carriers must be used for travel that is to be reimbursed from federal grants and contracts. This policy is called the Fly America Act.
- If foreign travel is funded by a federal or private contract or grant, agency approval must also be provided.
- For additional information, see Fly America Act
Helpful Links for Travel Abroad