The CSE department receives funds annually for intercampus exchange program grants. The funds are awarded on the basis of $75/Academic Senate member + $11/registered graduate student. Departments in turn provide airfare: (1) to Academic Senate members and registered graduate students for travel to other UC campuses for the purpose of research study (this does not include attendance at conferences OR presentation of seminars); and, (2) to faculty invited to UCSD from other UC campuses for the purpose of research consultations which will benefit UCSD faculty. (Faculty consulted and title of the project will be required). Awards are made within departments for airfare only (not to exceed $250), or mileage in lieu of airfare. No other expenses are allowable.
Additional Information for CSE Faculty
- Index number for Intercampus Travel is CSE4142.
- Support is restricted to airfare only--lowest published fare not to exceed $250/trip) or mileage in lieu of airfare.
- Funds are not to be used for subsistence, taxis, parking fees, etc.
- Funds cannot be used to attend conferences at other UC's.
- Funds cannot be used to attend meetings of scholarly societies that meet at other UC's.
- Funds can be used to support travel of Senate faculty members invited to UCSD from other UC's, for the purpose of research consultation which benefits UCSD faculty.
- When the travel is primarily in the interests of another UC's faculty member, expenses should be paid by that faculty member's campus.
- UCSD faculty presenting seminars at other UC campuses should be supported by the campus requesting their services.