Before sending us a trouble report, here are some things to try yourself:
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Try cycling the power... this often clears up a confused printer.
- Make sure there is paper in the paper tray.
- Is the printer online? Take it offline and put it back online again.
- Sometimes you may need to open and close the printer cover to get it to realize you have added paper or a jam has been cleared.
- If the printing is faint or the printer reports that the toner is low, you can try opening the cover, taking out the toner cartridge, and gently rocking it back and forth around its long axis.
- If you need toner or paper, and this is a private or lab printer, please include a budget # to facilitate the supply order.
Please fill out as many of the following fields as possible.